Thursday 4 January 2018

Stitching Santa 2017

I took part in Stitching Santa, organised by Sheila at Sewchet, which was a new blog exchange to me.  We were given a recipient's details and our details were given to someone else, so it was a big surprise to all of us.  My sender was Nikki from SewingNikki and she was so incredibly generous.  I have been so lucky with all the swaps/exchanges I have taken part in and it is lovely to know that there are so many kind and generous people out there in Blogland.  My parcel arrived and I had to leave it alone until Christmas Day.
 On opening it, there was a beautifully decorated box, adorned with all kinds of pretty ornaments.
Inside was tissue paper, held together with sewing related stickers. 
 Inside that, was a beautifully made bag and under that...
 ...was all this!  What a treasure trove of sewing goodness! Stickers, decorations, wool, a pack of material to make a cushion, an embroidery hoop, a pattern to make bags, a tape measure, some flowery organza type material and a jar of trimmings.
 I love the sheep fabric for the cushion - just gorgeous.
 Definitely an embarrassment of riches.
Wasn't I lucky?
This was what was in the jar - an array of trimmings and haberdashery (I love that word!).  A HUGE THANK YOU to Nikki for her amazing gifts, her generosity and kindness.  I love it all and will enjoy using it over the next year(s).
My recipient was Kimberley from Creative Chaos, who lives in New Zealand.  I had been partnered with her before, so had an idea of the things she liked. I have already shown the fabric box I made for her.
 Here are the other things I included: a felt heart with a pearl charm, some hot chocolate, some red and orange patterned cotton material, some gingham ribbon, a spoon rest/tea bag rest, a reel of sewing thread, some notelets (as I knew she liked stationery) and a little notebook as I also knew she would be starting a teaching degree at University and thought it might come in handy.
Here are the parcels ready to go. They arrived safely and I received a lovely thank you card with two little gifts from her.
It was a lovely swap/exchange to be involved with and I really enjoyed taking part.  Thanks to Sheila for the expert organising.

6 comments:

  1. The warmth, the wonder and the generosity of the blogosphere blows me away. Often.
    Love the treasures you received - and those you gave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. The blogosphere is a very generous place - there are so many lovely people out there. I was very lucky to receive such lovely gifts and always enjoy finding and/or making gifts for others.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. How fun! The gifts you gave and received are lovely. I too took part in this swap and received some beautiful things too. Wishing you all the best, Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat. It is lovely to hear from you. I really enjoyed this swap and the surprise element gave it an added excitement.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Hi Ellie - yay for my card arriving. I love your fabulous items - the fabric basket is now full of stitching items on a dresser in the lounge. I'm just blogging about the swap now. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimberley. I'm so pleased you liked the gifts. It was a fun swap to take part in, wasn't it?
      I hope you have a good week too.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete